Heavenly light, The Loiseau des Sens’ sugar free Nectarine Tapioca Pudding recipe is perfect to have for a sweet start to the morning or end of the night.
Low on the glycemic index, tapioca is a starch extracted from the cassava root widely known in South America (its origin) as yuca. Chef Shoro Ito of La Villa Loiseau des Sens prepares the starchy pearls of bliss with fresh nectarine slices cooked in organic coconut milk. The end result is a thick, creamy, irresistible bowl of “health and pleasure”. See below for the Sugar Free Nectarine Tapioca Pudding Recipe.
- ¼ cup tapioca
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- ⅔ cup organic nectarines
- ½ tablespoon organic honey
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 ¾ tablespoon of verbena leaves
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- ¾ cup water A pinch of salt
- 2⅓ cup of oil
- 1 organic egg white
- 1 ½ tablespoon organic honey
- ⅛ cup flour Zest from 1 organic lemon
- ⅛ cup of fresh organic nectarines
- Boil one liter of water in a saucepan. Add the tapioca, and let it cook until it becomes transparent. Put the tapioca in a strainer and rinse it with cold water. In another saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a boil. Pour the tapioca into the coconut milk, and stir for two minutes.
- Slice the nectarines in fine pieces, and cook in butter (in the “Brunoise” method). Add the honey.
- Gavottes de Citron In a saucepan, add the water, oil and salt, and bring to a boil. In a mixing bowl, mix together the egg whites, honey, flour and lemon zest. Add the hot water and oil mixture to the bowl. Put the mixture in the fridge and let cool for two hours. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and cook at 330°F for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and divide the dough to make five pieces per plate.
- In a saucepan, boil water and infuse the verbena leaves for 6 minutes. Then add the honey.
- Presentation: In the bottom of a deep plate, spread the nectarine puree. Pour the tapioca over it. Place the nectarines and gavottes. Serve the verbena cold in a separate cup, to later mix into the dessert.
Le Relais Bernard Loiseau, the 5-star Relais & Chateaux property in the heart of Burgundy known for its gastronomy can now be recognized for its exquisite spa; La Villa Loiseau des Sens. Making the hotel not only a gastronomic destination, but now home to one of the most exquisite spas in France.
Designed to offer an unforgettable experience for the senses, the spa offers clients two complimentary experiences in areas designed to provide an intense and varied stimulation of the five senses. These include water bikes, massage alcoves, a pool, a geyser, a sauna with a view of the garden, hammams with skin exfoliation facilities, an experiential shower and more.
For more information France’s Le Relais Bernard Loiseau’s hotel, spa and restaurants visit www.bernard-loiseau.com