Cooked dates provide the sweetness in these treats which are easy to customize with dried fruits and nuts of your choice.
By Sanjeeta Kk
- 20 black dates
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 10-12 almonds
- 10-12 Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Poppy seeds or desiccated coconut
- De-seed all the dates and finely chop into small pieces. Chop almonds and Pistachios.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add chopped dates in it. Cook for about 6-7 minutes until the dates turn into soft lump.
- Remove the pan from heat and add chopped nuts and mix well. Divide the soft dough into 7-8 small portions and shape them into rolls.
- Spread the poppy seeds or desiccated coconut in a flat plate and coat each date roll with it. Refrigerate all the rolls for a few hours before serving.
- Refrigerate these rolls for longer shelf life.
Sanjeeta kk is the author of food blog ‘Lite Bite’ which features vegetarian recipes. Her quest for egg free baking and healthy cooking is extensively shared though all her recipes. She likes to share stories behind the origin of her recipes which are easy and accessible. Homemade, unprocessed and healthy food is what she strives for each day. She defines food as nostalgic, comforting & an important factor to connect with people and make community