Fillets of striped bass, gently baked in the oven, and then topped with a combination of heirloom tomatoes, shallots, capers, and tangy balsamic vinegar.
- 4 – 6 ounce striped bass fillets
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup shallots (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. capers (drained and rinsed)
- 1 pint heirloom grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking dish large enough to fit the four fillets with no stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and thyme leaves for the blackening spice. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the fillets in the baking dish. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with the blackening spice. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the fillets are baking make the tomato and caper sauce. In a nonstick skillet heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-low heat. Add chopped shallots, oregano and capers. Cook 3 – 5 minutes or until golden. Add halved tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir. Add butter and balsamic vinegar. Cook 3-5 minutes until bubbly. When fish is done remove from the oven and spoon the tomato caper mixture evenly over the fish.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: italian, seafood, striped bass, baked fish, fish, italian food, simple cooking, clean eating, healthy, capers, tomatoes