Shuchi Mittal with another poetic creation. This time creamy strawberry yoghurt cupcakes.
By Shuchi Mittal
A unique treat,
Where goodness of dessert
And breakfast meet.
Sponges of strawberry
Crime in a cup,
The eggs, the cream, the color
And sprinkles on top.
Pretty and tight,
I’ll keep the doctors away,
With just a cupcake a night!”
Strawberry Yogurt Cupcakes
A scrumptious creation of creamy strawberry yogurt in a cupcake
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 1x
- 2 eggs
- teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- cup olive oil
- cup brown sugar
- cup full cream milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 grams homemade or store-bought strawberry yogurt
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Whisk the oil and sugar together till the sugar melts.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Add the vanilla extract, the yogurt, salt and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now fold in the flour and the baking powder and mix till combined to a smooth semi-thick consistency. Do not over mix once the flour has been added.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake papers.
- Scoop the batter into the moulds to ¾ full level and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Shuchi cooks with the heart of a poet. Banker turned chef, she runs the 29. Private Kitchen in NYC focusing on social tasting events, dining experiences and small-scale private events. Using simple & wholesome ingredients, she likes to re-invent homemade Indian flavors into modern tapas & small plates. Her dream? To cook, feed, write, and eventually open her own communal dining cafe - with a published recipe book on the stands.
Very nice, looks and sounds delicious
Just wondering how much flour to use?
where is the flour?
Apologies everyone! I can’t believe I missed out the flour. It should be 1 cup of sifted all purpose flour.
Hi. I think there is something missing in the recipe. How many cups of oil, milk etc?
I’m sorry guys, somehow the recipe got clipped. Here are the ingredients again.
1 cup all purpose flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup brown sugar (adjust to your taste)
1/2 cup full cream milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
150 grams homemade or store-bought strawberry yogurt
when do you add the milk?
Add the milk with the yogurt
How much flour ??? No flour on the ingriedients list!