This no bake chilled summer dessert is the perfect way to indulge in a light and airy dessert, that’s simple and good.
By Sukanya Ghosh
As the temperature soars, let your imagination get elevated to a new high, chances are that you might find yourself immersed in the world of smoothie cakes!
- Greek plain yogurt : 1 cup
- Fresh strawberries : 2 cups
- Gelatin powder : 1 tsp or one sachet
- Half and half or light cream or milk : ¼ cup
- Heavy cream : ¼ cup
- Honey : 2 tbsp
- Berries or other fruits to serve with
- Soak the gelatin in 4 tablespoon of water.
- Puree the fresh strawberries, yogurt, honey in a blender until smooth.
- Heat the milk or cream and dissolve the soaked gelatin in it.
- Add it to the strawberry yogurt smoothie.
- Whip the heavy cream until it holds its shape.
- Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry smoothie.
- Pour the mixture into a 6 inch springform pan or a lined 6 inch regular cake pan.
- Chill (no freeze) the cake in the refrigerator for 5 hours or overnight.
- Serve it with fresh berries or warm berry sauce.
Sukanya writes the blog Saffronstreaks, a food and travel blog where she experiments in the kitchen spiced up with interesting food stories and gourmet travelogues. She loves to cook with fresh produce, enjoy both spicy and sweet and her many dining out experiences become cherished memories. Sukanya is from India but now lives in North Carolina, USA.