This no bake chilled summer dessert is the perfect way to indulge in a light and airy dessert, that’s simple and good.
By Sukanya Ghosh
As the temperature soars, let your imagination get elevated to a new high, chances are that you might find yourself immersed in the world of smoothie cakes!
- Greek plain yogurt : 1 cup
- Fresh strawberries : 2 cups
- Gelatin powder : 1 tsp or one sachet
- Half and half or light cream or milk : ¼ cup
- Heavy cream : ¼ cup
- Honey : 2 tbsp
- Berries or other fruits to serve with
- Soak the gelatin in 4 tablespoon of water.
- Puree the fresh strawberries, yogurt, honey in a blender until smooth.
- Heat the milk or cream and dissolve the soaked gelatin in it.
- Add it to the strawberry yogurt smoothie.
- Whip the heavy cream until it holds its shape.
- Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry smoothie.
- Pour the mixture into a 6 inch springform pan or a lined 6 inch regular cake pan.
- Chill (no freeze) the cake in the refrigerator for 5 hours or overnight.
- Serve it with fresh berries or warm berry sauce.