This Stout Beer Chili is rich and hearty, with a touch of sweetness. With stout beer, kidney beans, ground beef, molasses and brown sugar it’s the perfect bowl of yumminess to cozy up to on those long chilly winter nights!
For The Chili:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups yellow onions chopped 2 medium onions
- 1½ teaspoons salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 15- ounce cans kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 28- ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 18 ounces stout beer about 1 1/2 bottles
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced scallions
- Sour cream
- Fresh or jarred jalpenos
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onions and season with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook on medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and oregano and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add chili powder, cumin, coriander, and cayenne, and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and another ½ teaspoon salt & pepper. Break the meat into small pieces with a spatula, and cook for 8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in the kidney beans, diced tomatoes and the tomato paste, and bring to a simmer. Mix in the stout beer, molasses, brown sugar, and final 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper and return to a simmer.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, cilantro, sour cream and jalapenos.
A food blog that helps you create delicious, easy, beautiful food right in your own kitchen. You got this!