- 1 Pound Large Shrimp – cleaned and peeled
- ½ heaping tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Ginger – freshly grated
- ¼ tsp Lime Zest (packed)
- 2 cloves of Garlic – minced
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 3 TBS Honey
- ¼ tsp each Kosher Salt and Pepper
- 2 TBS Olive Oil (DIVIDED)
- 1 TBS Brandy or White Wine
- Optional Garnishes: Jalapeno Slices (Thinly Sliced Scallions, Lime Wedges)
- Serving Suggestions: Rice (Steamed Vegetables)
- In a small bowl whisk together: cayenne, ginger, lime zest, garlic, soy sauce, honey, salt and pepper. Place shrimp in a large bowl and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat and then pour HALF of the honey mixture on top, reserving the other half of the honey mixture for later. Toss shrimp to coat. Transfer shrimp to the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to the skillet discarding their marinade. Cook the shrimp, stirring frequently to ensure even cooking, for 3 minutes. Pour in the reserved honey mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are caramelized and cooked through, about 2-3 additional minutes. Add the tablespoon of brandy to deglaze pan and scrape up browned bits from bottom of the pan, tossing to coat the shrimp.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with juice from lime wedges if using and top with optional garnishes. Enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer, Main