A simple, flavorful spicy clam dish that’s sure to please the appetite. They can be served as an appetizer or a main dish with pasta.
Spicy clammy goodness, wrapped up in garlic, butter and hot red pepper flakes. Add two cups of wine, and you’ve got yourself dinner and a drink! In my vast archive of recipes and my desire to always try something new, I sometimes forget to visit my old favorites.
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- ½ cup real butter
- 5 large cloves of fresh garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon heaping dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon heaping dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 36–50 fresh clams
- Prep fresh clams by placing them in cool tap water and adding ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Heat butter over skillet on medium high heat until melted. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add white wine and spices until simmering. Add clams and cover.
- Cook over medium heat until clams open, approximately 5-10 minutes until clams open. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Serve in bowls and ladle broth over them!
- Category: Main, Side
- Cuisine: Italian
Hi, I'm Kristi. The cook, author and photographer at Inspiration Kitchen. I am so passionate about food and I want to share that love! It is my goal to entertain.inspire.encourage home cooks everywhere that anyone can cook!