Purists will say that pesto must contain basil. But with this recipe you’ll get something just as good, if not better.
By Preethi Vemu
- Spinach leaves, washed – 10 bunches or two fistfuls
- Green Chilli – 1
- Garlic cloves – 6-10
- Salt – To taste
- Olive oil – 1 Tsp
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the washed spinach leaves and green chilli to this.
- Stir so that the leaves are coated with the olive oil.
- Close the lid of the pan and let this steam for 5 min.
- Dry roast the garlic cloves on a medium flame for 5 min, and let this cool.
- Grind the steamed spinach leaves with the garlic cloves and salt.
- Store in a cool, dry container in the refrigerator.
Preethi loves tea, animals, food and her Kindle. When she is not busy being a geek, she dreams about seeing her name in print media some day . An avid reader and an amateur food photographer, Preethi lives in Hyderabad, India with her husband who is subjected to all her culinary experiments.