Purists will say that pesto must contain basil. But with this recipe you’ll get something just as good, if not better.
By Preethi Vemu
Spinach and Roasted Garlic Pesto
Purists will say that pesto must contain basil. But with this recipe you'll get something just as good, if not better.
Author: Preethi Vemu
Recipe Type: Side
- Spinach leaves, washed – 10 bunches or two fistfuls
- Green Chilli – 1
- Garlic cloves – 6-10
- Salt – To taste
- Olive oil – 1 Tsp
- Heat the oil in the pan and add the washed spinach leaves and green chilli to this.
- Stir so that the leaves are coated with the olive oil.
- Close the lid of the pan and let this steam for 5 min.
- Dry roast the garlic cloves on a medium flame for 5 min, and let this cool.
- Grind the steamed spinach leaves with the garlic cloves and salt.
- Store in a cool, dry container in the refrigerator.