Crispy with a hint of salt and plenty of spice from cayenne pepper, these thick-cut sweet potatoes are baked to delicious perfection.
By Katie Oberwager
These sweet potato fries are crispy and salty, and have a nice little kick from some cayenne pepper. The measurements are really just a guideline but feel free to use as much or as little of the spices as you like. Perfect to warm you on a cold day or keep your snacking appetite satisfied in the warmer spring weather.
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes, brushed clean
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- generous sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedge or fry shapes, leaving the skin on.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl of ice cold water for 20 minutes while oven heats up. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil and then sprinkle with the remaining spices and salt.
- Bake for twenty minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately.