Meatballs are quite a staple in Mediterranean kitchen, but this is an unexpected Eastern twist by Tamara Novacoviç.
By Tamara Novacoviç
Meatballs are quite a staple in Mediterranean kitchen, but they are usually made with tomato sauce and Mediterranean flavors. I decided to give this meal a slight Eastern twist and used different spices. Tomato sauce was substituted by soy sauce.
This is a great party dish, be sure your guests will enjoy it. I like to make smaller bite-sized meatballs and put them on skewers. Simply line them on serving plate and put a bowl of soy sauce in the middle.
- 1 cup (250 g) ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ small onion
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- olive oil
- 2.6 oz (50 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Combine ground beef with spices, chopped onion, garlic, parsley. Form small meatballs and fry them in some olive oil.
- Combine soy sauce with sifted flour and cook on low heat for several minutes, until it thickens. In the end, add sour cream and lemon juice.