Be warned: this dish is super spicy with heat coming from the green chilies,the red chili powder and the garam masala.
By Soni Sinha
- Jumbo Shrimp-1 lb cleaned and deveined
- Onion-1 large onion chopped into small pieces or grated
- Ginger-1 inch crushed
- Garlic- 3 cloves crushed
- Tomato-2 pureed
- Ground Cumin-2 tsp
- Ground Coriander-2 tsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala-1 tsp
- Red Chili powder or paprika-1 tsp
- Green Chili-2 seeded and chopped
- Salt- to taste
- Water-1½ cups
- Fresh Coriander-to garnish
- Oil-3-4 tbsp
- In a skillet heat the oil.
- Add the chopped onion and saute on medium heat until golden.
- Add the ginger and garlic.
- Add the pureed tomato along with all the spices and the green chili
- Continue to cook until you see oil separating from the sides.
- Add water and bring to a boil.Add salt and check the seasonings.
- Reduce the heat and add the Shrimp.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes until Shrimp is cooked.
- Mix well and garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with Rice or Naan!
Soni is a recipe developer, food writer/blogger who creates recipes with a healthy Indian twist. She is a passionate cook and her recipes cater to readers who are are willing to try contemporary Indian flavors in wide ranging fusion dishes that she creates.She shares all her cooking adventures on her blog Soni's Food.