Please… Eat with me. You know we’re both hungry.
I’d like to say it’s delicious and then just finish this post. But, this sauce deserves so much more than that.
Let’s just start with…it has the perfect consistency. You’re gonna want to rub it all over everything – just because it’s so right.
It’s rich, saucy, spicy and ssssoooo savory – I know you’ll love it like we did!
I’ll admit, when I’m in a pinch, I’ve been known to buy a pre-made pasta sauce, just because they’re so quick and easy. But, no more!!! No more sugar, no more sweet sauces – just a rich, savory and spicy sauce – just the way we like it. And, it’s simple to make with your bad-boy food processor.
Oh yea, bring that bad boy out and puree, baby! I hope you love this as much as we did!
- Author: Kristi Kaiser
- Yield: 3 and a half cups of sauce 1x
- Category: The Basics
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (e.g. Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ½ cup white wine
- Place tomatoes, tomato paste, hot sauce, parsley, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Hi, I'm Kristi. The cook, author and photographer at Inspiration Kitchen. I am so passionate about food and I want to share that love! It is my goal to entertain.inspire.encourage home cooks everywhere that anyone can cook!