Enjoy Reena Pastakia’s awesome spiced mushroom tart that costs nothing to make.
- 1 small onion
- 5 grams root ginger
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 30 grams natural yogurt
- 140 grams mushrooms
- 2 small spring onions
- Pinch chilli powder
- 0.75 teaspoon coriander cumin powder
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch garam masala
- 15 grams tomato puree
- 10 grams coriander
- 45 grams salted butter
- 175 grams plain flour
- 45 grams lard
- Pre-heat oven to 200?c.
- Grease four 9cm tartlet cases.
- Put coriander cumin powder, turmeric, garam masala, tomato puree, salt, chilli powder, sunflower oil and natural yogurt into a mixing bowl.
- Wipe the mushrooms and quarter them.
- Add the mushrooms to the mixing bowl and mix.
- Chop the coriander, root ginger, onions and spring onion.
- Add to the mixing bowl and mix.
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl.
- Add the butter and lard in pieces and rub in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in centre of the mixture and add approx 7 tsp cold water to form a firm dough.
- Divide into four and line four tartlet cases.
- Fill the tartlets with the mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until both the pastry and mushrooms are cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins