A bevy of aromatic spices flavor these fluffy muffins that can be filled with any dried fruit or nut of your choice.
By Prathima Rao
- 5 tbsp condensed milk
- 4 tbsp butter, softened/room temp
- 1¼ cup maida (plain flour)
- 10 tbsp milk (1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp roasted and chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp raisins
- ¼ tsp dry ginger powder
- ¼ tsp clove powder
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- Do your mis en place - measure and keep ready all the ingredients. Line or grease cupcake moulds.
- Preheat oven at 200 degree C for 10 mins.
- In a mixing bowl beat condensed milk and softened butter with a spoon.
- Add all the spice powders and mix again.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix again.
- Pour the batter into prepared cupcake moulds.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree C for 20 mins or till done.
Born and brought up in South India amongst hard core food enthusiasts. Cooking and food has always been a part of Prathima’s growing years with every family gathering accompanied by a scrumptious and elaborate meal. Now, traditional vegetarian food of her community has paved way to contemporary and quicker dishes.