Eat it with yoghurt or ice cream, drizzle with honey or maple syrup, or just grab a handful and go – granola is the perfect versatile snack.
By Byran Picard
- • 3 cups spelt flakes
- • ¾ cup sesame seeds
- • ⅓ cup honey
- • 2 tablespoons sunflower or vegetable oil
- • big pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, mix the spelt, sesame, and salt.
- In a small saucepan, melt the honey with the oil.
- Add to the spelt and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchement and evenly spread the granola.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown, stirring around a few times with a spatula. Leave to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for over a month.
Bryan Picard is a wild and homegrown food enthusiast. He lives in the Maritimes in Canada and has worked the kitchens as a cook and chef for the past ten years. He writes on his blog The Bite House.