PARTNER POST: Reinvent your recipes with new ideas of to feature potatoes and seafood in one dish.
An Asian-inspired potato dish, this salad is made with soy sauce, a toasted sesame seeds dressing, and seaweed for a dish that is ready in less than 30 minutes and has a combination of robust, healthy flavors.
Potatoes are one of the most versatile vegetable in the world. One can always eat them mashed, boiled, roasted or even baked. They are the ultimate comfort food and will always be favourite to all. Potatoes are available all year around and are full of Vitamin B6, potassium, calcium and Vitamin C besides other essential micronutrients. They are really a good source of fiber and can be a very healthy combination in the main course or as a side dish.
You can never go wrong with potato recipes and they always taste so amazing. Whether eat the creamy mashed potatoes or oven baked smashed potatoes they always taste delicious. They are always a life saver when unexpected guests come over and we have to make something fast and easy like Potato Croquette, Potato Fritters, Potato Rolls, and so on the list is endless.
Potatoes USA is the nation’s potato marketing organisation. They provide inspiration, information, tools and education to potato lovers all over the world.
Always try to use the potatoes with skin as that’s the part where most of the micronutrients are present.
This is an Asian Inspired Potato Seaweed Salad in soy sauce with toasted sesame seeds dressing. This is so easy and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. The salad is a combination of robust flavours and is healthy too. As both potatoes and seaweeds are nutritious food so this is a wholesome healthy dish. Make sure not to use too much salt while cooking the potatoes as soy sauce and seaweed both contains salt. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and make your favourite potato dishes and have fun.
For another delicious seafood recipe, try this. Click here for the Potato Farl recipe.
- 2 lb salad potatoes,cut into cubes with skin
- 1 cup dried green algae/seaweed
- 1 red onion ,thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 6 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon garlic,grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger,grated
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup scallions ,chopped
- In a saucepan add potato cubes and just enough water to cover them. Sprinkle some salt and bring it to a boil and cook covered until potatoes are fork tender.
- Once potatoes are done add dried seaweed into the same pan and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the excess water from potato and seaweeds and set them aside.
- In another bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sugar ginger and garlic. Add in sesame oil and whisk again until frothy.
- Stir in sesame seeds and scallions.Refrigerate until use.
- Once ready to eat toss the potato and seaweed with the soy sauce dressing.Top it up with red onion slices and some more scallion greens.
Make sure not to use too much salt while cooking the potatoes as soy sauce and seaweed both contains salt.