This meal is fresh, bright, colorful and not to mention, satisfying!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 avocado, cubed
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved (I used 6)
- 1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup spinach, torn
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine the last five ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Add a splash of milk (about 2 tablespoons), salt, pepper and ground cayenne pepper and mix until spices are equally distributed.
- Spray a small skillet with Pam and over medium heat, pour the egg mixture and let set for about 1 minute.
- With a heat-resistant rubber spatula, push eggs from edge toward center; tilt pan to let egg fill spaces. Repeat until omelet is just set, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place southwestern filling on half of the omelet. Sprinkle cheese over the mixture.
- Using the same spatula, gently fold the other half of the omelet over the mixture and press the top lightly to make it stay. Cook for another minute or so, but don’t overcook or allow the egg to turn brown.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins