This no-bake dessert has all the components of a classic trifle rearranged into a cake pan.
By Tamara Novakoviç
- 3.5 oz (100 g) ladyfingers
- 3.3 oz (100 ml) warm milk
- 1 tbsp rum
- 5.2 oz (150 g) sour cherries
- 2.6 oz (75 g) sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 pack gelatin (10 g or 0.35 oz)
- 5.2 oz(150 g) cream cheese
- 13.5 oz (400 ml) whipping cream
- Cut ladyfingers in half and dip each into warm milk combine with rum. Line a 7.8 inch (20 cm) springform pan with ladyfingers, both bottom and sides.
- Combine sour cherries with sugar and vanilla and cook on medium heat, stirring, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and mix in blender. Dissolve gelatin in that mixture. Set aside.
- Whip half of the whipping cream and combine with cream cheese and sour cherry mixture. Spread the filling evenly over ladyfingers.
- Whip the remaining cream and spread over the cake. You can use some to decorate.
- Let it sit in fridge over night. The next day, remove it from the pan and serve.
Tamara Novakovic is a passionate self-taught cook, food blogger, freelance food writer and photographer behind bite-my-cake.blogspot.com. Her life journey has led her through Faculty of Humanities in Zagreb, Croatia to discovering passion for making cakes. She is currently a weekly food columnist for Croatian newspaper V magazine and food magazine Repete.