Half-cocktail, half-desert, totally delicious.
If you are looking to make yourself some cocktails or entertain guests then you should absolutely try this. I am not sure whether to call it a cocktail or a dessert. All I know is, sorbet meets a mojito.
Fruit based cocktails are one of my favourites. I tell myself its all part of my 5 a day fruit and veg . What I love about mojitos is that they are fancy and yet easy to put together. And this mango mojito sorbet float is no exception. The mango rum sorbet is sweet and fruity, with . And it will definitely impress guests. Make the mango rum sorbet a couple of days before you plan to serve. Gives the mango and rum more time to marinate, right!!!
The mango sorbet is pretty simple to make. It takes 4 ingredients, mango flesh, rum, water and sugar. Make sugar syrup with equal amounts of water and sugar and leave to cool. Remove the skin and slice off the flesh of two mango then puree. Mix together the mango puree, rum and sugar syrup , then chill in fridge overnight. Once chilled, pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers instructions.
Once you are ready to serve, muddle together lime wedges and mint leaves. Scoop into glasses the mango rum sorbet and top with soda water. The more sorbet you add the better.
- 2 large mangoes 450 g mango flesh
- 60 ml 1/4 cup water
- 50 g 1/4 cup sugar
- 60 - 120 ml white rum
- Soda water
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Stir water and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat until sugar has completely dissolved. Bring sugar syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and allow to cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Puree mango flesh in food processor or blender until smooth. Set mango puree aside.
- Stir together mango puree, cooled sugar syrup and white rum.
- Prepare the mango rum sorbet using an ice cream make according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
- Pour into a container and freeze until solid.
- Divide mint leaves and limes pieces between two glasses. Muddle gently (i used a small rolling pin) to release the lime juices .
- Dollop 2- 3 ice cream scoops of frozen mango rum sorbet to glasses and add chilled soda water over the top.
- Garnish with mint springs and serve immediately.
Originally, from Ghana in West Africa, Chichi lives and works in London, Uk with her family. A sudden unusual love and passion for all things cake and baking introduced her to the world of blogging. ChiChi is the writer and photographer behind the blog Cakes By Chichi where she shares recipes, tutorials and photos of food she has made.