Slow cooker tomato sauce is rich, thick and hearty. Let the ease of a slow cooker do all the work for you, while you reap the rewards!
There’s nothing like slow cooker tomato sauce that’s been simmering on the stove all day. It’s even better when you can make it in a slow cooker. Loaded with spicy Italian sausage, fire roasted and crushed tomatoes. This sauce is simmered low and slow for 8 hours! The sauce gets super thick, rich and loaded with flavor.
This slow cooker tomato sauce is rich, hearty and comforting. The perfect meal for busy weeknights or Sunday dinner.
This recipe makes enough to serve 6-8 people and always leaves tons of leftovers.
Slow Cooker Tomato SauceKelley Simmons
- 16 ounces sausage I used hot sausage
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- fresh basil for serving if desired
- fresh parmesan cheese for serving if desired
- Add sausage to a medium skillet and cook until browned. (It does not need to be cooked through, just browned on the outside for extra flavor. You can skip this step if you do not have time.)
- Add browned sausage, along with the rest of the ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cook sauce on low for 8 hours.
- Serve over pasta with basil and parmesan cheese for serving, if desired.
Kelley is a twenty something writer hailing from Delaware, and photographer behind chefsavvy.com. She started blogging in the beginning of 2014 and has been hooked ever since. She takes the worry out of cooking and helps reader’s conquer their cooking fears with simple, easy to follow recipes.