- Grated carrot : 2 cups
- Finely grated fresh coconut : 2 cups
- Cardomom powder: ¼ tsp
- Jaggery powder: 1 cup
- Sugar: ½ cup or as required for the sweetness
- Nutmeg powder : a large pinch
- Milk / coconut milk : ¼ cup
- Khova : ½ cup
- Cashew and Raisins: a handful
- Ghee : 3 tbsp or more
- Chopped pistachios for garnishing
- In a nonstick pan warm up the ghee, add the cashew and raisins. Fry them lightly. Add the grated carrot and fry them till the raw smell of carrot disappear. To this add the grated coconut along with milk. Give a nice stir and mix it well. Add further the jaggery powder, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and khova. Mix them all together and keep stirring till everything incorporates well.
- Lower the heat and cook further till the mixture becomes lumpy and comes together and dont stick to the pan.
- Grease a tray, spread the mixture evenly, check for the thickness and let it set for an hour or more till it cools down. Cut it into desired shapes and enjoy.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Indian