Shish tawook is a famous middle eastern dish that you will find on the menu of each and every restaurant that serves mediterranean food.
By Sawsan Abu Farha
All I have to say about this recipe is.. we don’t order Shish tawook when we eat out anymore.
- skin-less boneless chicken cut into cubes or strips
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ¾ tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Mix the marinade and add the chicken.
- Make sure you coat all the pieces.
- Marinate over night (If you don’t have time anything over half an hour is fine)
- Skewer the chicken and grill in the oven or on a grill