The apricots and prunes in this granola can be replaced with any dried fruit of your choice.
By Sanjeeta Kk
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup groundnuts
- ¼ cup chopped Apricots/prunes
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat oven to 180 C and line a flat baking tray with parchment paper overlapping the sides.
- Dry roast sesame seeds and quick cooking oats for 5-6 minutes in a pan.
- Roast groundnuts separately till they turn brown in color or use pre-roasted nuts. Crush groundnuts with a rolling pin
- Chop Apricots and Prunes finely.
- Melt butter in a pan and add all the ingredients into it. Mix well and spread the mixture on the baking tray.
- Bake the granola for 25 minutes at 180°C.
- Cool it completely before slicing the Granola.
Sanjeeta kk is the author of food blog ‘Lite Bite’ which features vegetarian recipes. Her quest for egg free baking and healthy cooking is extensively shared though all her recipes. She likes to share stories behind the origin of her recipes which are easy and accessible. Homemade, unprocessed and healthy food is what she strives for each day. She defines food as nostalgic, comforting & an important factor to connect with people and make community