Making pasta at home is actually really simple and infinitely rewarding. Nothing really beats homemade tagliatelle.
By Tamara Novakoviç
With this simple recipe, you will always be able to cook up amazing fresh pasta at home.
Author: Tamara Novakovic
- 10.5 oz (300 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sprinkle flour combined with salt onto a working surface. Make a well in the middle and crack both eggs into it. Add olive oil and start mixing everything, using your fork. When well mixed, knead with your hands until the dough comes together. If it's a bit firm, add some water to it. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Roll out the dough as thin as possible onto a floured surface. If you're using pasta machine, run a sheet of dough through several times it until you get the thickness you need. Using different add-ons, create tagliatelle or other shapes.
- If you're cutting the pasta by hand, simply fold the dough (make sure you dust it with flour) and cut into desired width using your knife. Spread it out.
- You can always dry your freshly made pasta for later use: spread tagliatelle over floured cloth or baking pans.