Whip up this easy cranberry simple syrup and keep it on hand this month for fun, seasonal cocktails, like a cranberry gina and tonic.
Cranberry Simple SyrupRachael Hooper
- 340 g 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 300 g 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 375 ml 1 1/2 cups water
- Rinse the cranberries then prick them three or four times with a toothpick.
- In small saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cranberries.
- Cover and allow to cool completely, stirring occasionally – for best results, allow to steep in the fridge for 24 hours or more – then strain the liquid into a clean glass bottle, allowing the cranberries to drain well.
- Store in the fridge for up to three months.
I live in Geneva, Switzerland, where I moved with my family from Australia in 2001. I have a husband whom I adore, two adult sons and a delightful daughter-in-law, I’m an EFL teacher, I love to travel and I spend as much time as possible in the kitchen. Cooking, for me, is all about sharing delicious, healthy and sometimes wickedly indulgent food - either literally, at the table, or metaphorically, via the internet. I have a burning passion for Italian food, I also dabble in Middle Eastern, French and Asian cooking, as well as trying my hand at cakes, desserts and breads. In fact, baking has become a bit of an obsession! I'm always ready for a challenge and I have developed a "never-say-die" attitude in the kitchen.