These savory blintzes are a delicious brunch option, loaded with chicken, cheese and topped with strawberry preserves.
- 1 cup cooked chicken (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- Package of store bought crepes
- 5 tbsps Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves
- Toast coconut and almonds in a pan over low-medium heat until coconut is
- slightly golden brown. Move the coconut flakes and almonds around the pan
- constantly until done. Do not over toast or burn.
- Combine ricotta, cream cheese, egg, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a medium
- bowl and cream using a hand mixer until well blended.
- Fold warm chicken, toasted almonds, and toasted coconut into mixture.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of filling down the center of a crepe. Fold both sides
- towards the center then fold the top and bottom to make a neat little package.
- Melt a teaspoon of butter in a saucepan and place the blintzes, seam side down,
- in the pan. Cook about 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Carefully flip over and cook until golden on the other side.
- Heat the strawberry preserves in a small saucepan until warm.
- Remove from heat and pour over crepes.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and orange juice.
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Main