Chocolate adds a delicious twist to the traditional peaches and cream. Serve this over vanilla ice cream for a heavenly dessert.
By Rachel Crawford
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 large peaches
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Bring heavy cream to a simmer and pour over chopped chocolate
- Stir until chocolate is fully melted, place plastic wrap against the surface of the cream and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Melt butter in a pan and add brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add sliced peaches and toss until soft, about five minutes.
- Whip chocolate and cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Top peaches with chocolate cream.
Rachel is a lover of vegetables and an avid home cook. She has catered parties, participated in cook-offs, hosted elaborate supper clubs, and volunteered with Slow Food teaching elementary school kids about seasonal food and how to cook. Recently, she left her full-time job as a branding consultant to spend more time in the kitchen. Her personal blog, madeweekly.tumblr.com, focuses on one seasonal ingredient every week, with a new recipe each day. She can also be found on kitchensurfing.com, a new site that allows anyone to search for and hire personal chefs online. Rachel studied acting at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, and has lived in New York, NY for almost 12 years, which means she can officially call herself a New Yorker.