This is a simple and vegetarian side dish that is packed with flavor to offset the bitterness of the brussels sprouts.
By Robin Runner
- 2 lbs of brussels sprouts, shredded or cut finely
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon
- 2 tablespoons of a great quality balsamic vinegar
- Into your saucepan add a drizzle olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Turn up the heat.
- Once hot, add your brussels sprouts and start cooking. Brown them up nicely. Then season with salt and pepper. Keep stirring.
- Then add your Dijon (I prefer Maille) and balsamic.
- Give a good stir to coat and serve. Easy peasy!
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.