These drinks are ultra easy and quick. Basically just combine four-five ingredients and get coconut heaven. Take a sip and you’ll instantly be transported to Portugal, Brazil or Cuba.
By Tamara Novacoviç
- 3.8 cups (900 ml) coconut milk
- 0.4 cup (100 ml) heavy cream
- 0.8 cup (200 ml) rum or cachaca
- ¾ cup (170 g) sugar
- 3 cups (700 ml) pineapple juice
- 3 cups (700 ml) coconut milk
- 1.7 cups (400 ml) heavy cream
- ⅞ cup (200 g) sugar
- 1¼ cups (300 ml) dark rum
- For Batida de Coco:
- Combine coconut milk with heavy cream and sugar, put on low heat, cook for several minutes stirring constantly. When sugar dissolves, remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour rum or cachaca in it, stirr to combine, pour into bottles. Keep in fridge.
- Serve with ice cubes. Keep in fridge, shake well before use.
- For Pina Colada:
- Combine all ingredients except rum and heat on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in rum, let cool and pour into bottles. Keep in fridge, shake well before use.
Tamara Novakovic is a passionate self-taught cook, food blogger, freelance food writer and photographer behind bite-my-cake.blogspot.com. Her life journey has led her through Faculty of Humanities in Zagreb, Croatia to discovering passion for making cakes. She is currently a weekly food columnist for Croatian newspaper V magazine and food magazine Repete.