Sticky-sweet caramel contrasts with the sea salt in a decadent seasonal favorite.
- 3 cups bottled apple juice
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- About 2-4 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute
- Whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons jarred caramel sauce for drizzling
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
- In a medium saucepan, combine apple juice, apple pie spice, and cinnamon sticks together and let cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and stir in sugar.
- Pour apple cider in 2 cups, top with whipped cream, drizzle with 1 tablespoon caramel sauce per cup, and sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Serve salted caramel apple cider immediately and enjoy!
Denise Browning is a native Brazilian foodie, trained Chef, cooking instructor, restaurant menu/recipe developer, and former lawyer. She is also the author of From Brazil To You - a blog that features Brazilian, fusion, and international dish recipes, stories, and photography of Brazil. Her writing has appeared in Cia Brasil Magazine, while her photography is frequently featured on Foodgawker, TasteSpotting, and Foodepix. She lives in Texas with her American husband and two children.