Feast your eyes on the first Ruffino Salted Caramel Prosecco Pie from Little Pie Company.
First of its kind, this homemade salted caramel apple pie with Prosecco is sure to give the Turkey some healthy competition for Thanksgiving day. Original makers of the Prosecco pie, Little Pie Company in New York collaborated with Ruffino to create this classic with a twist, i.e Ruffino Prosecco; a crisp clean wine with aromas of aromas of apples, pears and citrus.
This pie was inspired by the fresh apple notes in RUFFINO Prosecco, with caramel and brown sugar sweetly balancing the Prosecco’s bright acidity and taking this dessert to the next level of yum! – Little Pie Company
The original recipe is under raps but Little Pie Company were kind enough to share a couple of the main ingredients. Below you will find a rendition of their seasonal special pie of the month!
Inspired Ruffino Salted Caramel Prosecco Pie Recipe
This pie was inspired by the fresh apple notes in RUFFINO Prosecco, with caramel and brown sugar sweetly balancing the Prosecco’s bright acidity and taking this dessert to the next level of yum! - Little Pie Company
Author: Little Pie Company
Recipe Type: Thanksgiving Dessert
- 1¼ cup of RUFFINO Prosecco
- 2 oz of granulated sugar
- 2 oz of dark brown sugar
- 1 oz of flour
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of mace
- ¼ cup of salted caramel
- 2 lb Golden Delicious Apples - cored peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ½ of nutmeg
- 10 oz of flour
- 5 oz butter
- Crumble - Combine flour, butter, salt, 1 tsp of cinnamon, mace and nutmeg ; spread into an un-greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 400 F for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool; crumble and set aside. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice. Combine granulated sugar, flour and 1 tsp of cinnamon; toss with apples.
- Place apples in pie shell.
- Cut a circle of foil to cover apples but not the edge of pastry; place over pie. Bake at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 F; bake for 35 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with RUFFINO Prosecco, stirring frequently.
- Remove foil from pie. Pour caramel mixture over apples.
- Sprinkle with topping; return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.