This pie was inspired by the fresh apple notes in RUFFINO Prosecco, with caramel and brown sugar sweetly balancing the Prosecco’s bright acidity and taking this dessert to the next level of yum! – Little Pie Company
Inspired Ruffino Salted Caramel Prosecco Pie RecipeLittle Pie Company
- 1 1/4 cup of RUFFINO Prosecco
- 2 oz of granulated sugar
- 2 oz of dark brown sugar
- 1 oz of flour
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of mace
- 1/4 cup of salted caramel
- 2 lb Golden Delicious Apples - cored peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 of nutmeg
- 10 oz of flour
- 5 oz butter
- Crumble - Combine flour, butter, salt, 1 tsp of cinnamon, mace and nutmeg ; spread into an un-greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 400 F for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool; crumble and set aside. Sprinkle apples with lemon juice. Combine granulated sugar, flour and 1 tsp of cinnamon; toss with apples.
- Place apples in pie shell.
- Cut a circle of foil to cover apples but not the edge of pastry; place over pie. Bake at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 F; bake for 35 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with RUFFINO Prosecco, stirring frequently.
- Remove foil from pie. Pour caramel mixture over apples.
- Sprinkle with topping; return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Of course if you want the original visit Little Pie Company to place your order!
Alyssa is passionate about donuts, burpees, listening to the stories of the people who devote their time to fill our stomachs and exploring. She spends most of her time balancing her love for sugary, carb heavenly goods and fitness trends. She is currently working at the empowering fitness community Lucille Roberts as their Social Media Manager