You can serve these roasted veggies on a bed of broken grains like dalia or couscous. Top with toasted poha rice for crunch.
By Preethi Vemu
- Yellow, Green & Red bell peppers – 1 each, sliced
- Tomatoes – 2, sliced fine
- Zucchini – ½, diced fine
- Cucumbers – ½, diced fine
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves, minced fine
- Basil Pesto – 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 Tbsp
- Dalia or a mixture of broken whole grains or couscous – ½ C, cooked per instructions
- Poha or beaten rice – ¼ C, Toasted in an oven
- Toss the peppers along with basil pesto, olive oil and garlic pieces. Spread them on a grill pan and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C for 10 min.
- Layer the cooked dalia on the serving plate. Arrange the tomato, cucumber and zucchini pieces on the dalia.
- Layer the cooked peppers on this , top with the beaten rice and serve hot.
Preethi loves tea, animals, food and her Kindle. When she is not busy being a geek, she dreams about seeing her name in print media some day . An avid reader and an amateur food photographer, Preethi lives in Hyderabad, India with her husband who is subjected to all her culinary experiments.