A healthy flavorful soup made from roasting tomatoes when they are in season. The soup is made just from four ingredients – tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and black pepper.
By Dassana Amit
Excellent to make when you don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and yet want something delicious & healthy. Besides roasting the tomatoes in the oven, there is no cooking involved. A simple and easy recipe.
Roasting the tomatoes brings an earthy flavor to the soup and it tastes so different than the regular tomato soup. The roasted tomato soup accompanies well with breads or baguettes accompanied by a veg salad or pasta salad.
- 5-6 large ripe and red tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ to ½ cup warm water
- salt & sugar as required
- Rinse the tomatoes in water.
- Now slice the tomatoes and place them in a baking tray.
- Add chopped garlic also in the tray.
- Drizzle the olive oil on the tomatoes.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes or till the tomatoes have shrunk in size & got browned.
- Now let the roasted tomatoes become warm.
- In a blender, add the tomatoes, garlic and all the juices from the tray.
- Add some crushed black pepper, salt and sugar to the blender.
- Add warm water and blend to a smooth puree.
- Pour in a soup bowls.
- Garnish with mint or cilantro or cheese or cream.
- Serve warm or cold. and serve warm or cold.