Roasted radishes, where have you been? These spicy little guys turn sweet when roasted and are quite the tasty pair with gorgonzola.
By Abby Himes
This salad however requires no skill, tension, or problem solving. Love that. Roasted radishes! Where have you been all my life? These spicy little guys turn sweet, and taste just like turnips when roasted. Being summer, these were destined for a salad, just add Gorgonzola crumbles, tomatoes from my garden and a mix o’ leaves. Oh, and don’t forget a drizzle of blue cheese dressing!
- fresh radishes, rinsed and sliced in half
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- your favorite salad ingredients or:
- mixed greens
- cherry tomatoes
- gorgonzola cheese
- blue cheese dressing
- To roast the radishes:
- Preheat over to 425 degrees F.
- Spread the radishes out over a baking sheet (the one with the rim).
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, turning them about halfway through, until lightly golden brown and tender.
Abby can be found cruising her local farmer's market and co-op looking for fresh, new, flavors and sustainable options. She sees food as an adventure, and is always excited to try something new. Abby is also the creator and voice behind the food blog, Seaweed & Sassafras.