This warm weather has us thinking of fresh, bright flavors. Reinvent the classic caesar salad with avocados and a vibrant roasted poblano dressing.
This salad is absolutely worth getting your blender dirty for, which you know is the hardest part of any recipe. I wanted it to be hardy enough for a meal so we’ve thrown in some hard boiled eggs and avocado and tortilla chips that make it a party. Mike adored the dressing. I think “best” and “I’ve ever had” were strung together in a sentence somewhere in there.
- 2 poblano peppers
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups spring mix lettuce or mixed greens
- 3 corn on the cob, cooked, kernels cut off
- 4 hard boiled eggs, halved
- 2 avocado, pitted, sliced
- 6 ounces shaved Parmesan cheese
- Blue corn tortilla chips, crushed, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Brush the poblano peppers in olive oil and roast them (whole) for 30 minutes or until shriveled and fork tender. Chop, discard stems and add to a blender (seeds included). Add to the blender 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and the mayo, lemon juice, Dijon, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Divide remaining salad ingredients between four bowls. Drizzle with dressing and top with tortilla chips just before serving.