This roasted carrot side dish is perfect for an easy weeknight meal but also elegant enough for a dinner party. The honey caramelizes during the roasting process and gives the carrots a bit of sweetness to balance out the kosher salt.
By Taylor Kadlec
- 2 lbs carrots, each carrot cut in half, then sliced long ways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine chopped carrots, olive oil, honey, and rosemary. Stir well to combine.
- Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil, or just a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle carrots with kosher salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, turn the carrots, and bake for 15-20 minutes more, until well done. Serve immediately.
Taylor Kadlec is a lover of all things food including baking, cooking, and of course, eating. She is a self-taught baker and cook, and she shares her kitchen adventures on her blog Greens & Chocolate, where healthy cooking meets sinful indulgence.