Autumn is here with this comforting snack or appetiser, crunchy bread, soft melting cheese and warm juicy grapes.
By Selina Periampillai
This delicious starter or lunch time snack is healthy and a somwthing that will have you warming up this Fall. Grapes are not famoulsy used in this way, but here I have roasted them with some fresh thyme. When they are ready, they are bursts of sweetness on small toasted bread with a slathering of goats cheese, its a real winner!
- 2 slices of Soda Bread
- 10 red grapes, seedless
- 1 handful of Goats cheese
- 1 tsp Dried thyme or fresh leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 handful of walnut halves
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Scatter the grapes over a baking tray, dust with thyme leaves and a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper
- Shake the tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until they colour. Place the walnuts in a little olive oil in the oven for 5 minutes, make sure you don't burn them
- Remove both and set aside.
- Toast the bread slices, rub the garlic clove over the bread, top with chunk of goats cheese, olive oil and the roasted walnuts and grapes. Serve warm!