Every ingredient in this salad complements each other for a wonderful pop of flavor with each bite.
- ¼ cup dried beluga lentils
- ¼ cauliflower head
- ½ tbsp. cumin powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or olive oil of choice
- 1 cup mache (or green of choice)
- 1 oz. goat cheese (optional)
- Handful cilantro for garnish (optional)
Dreamy Ramp Dressing
- 5–6 ramps
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. almond or olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
- drizzle honey
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place lentils in a small pot and cover with 4 inches of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes. Lentils will be ready when al dente (tender with a bite). Drain and rinse under running water. Set aside.
- While lentils cook, cut cauliflower into florets and place in a baking sheet. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt, cumin powder and oil. Place into oven and roast for 30 minutes. Cauliflower should be fully cooked with golden edges. Remove and set aside.
- To make dressing, start by cleaning the ramps under running water. As the water runs through the stem peel off any bruised leaf. They peel off easily, so be gentle. Place clean ramps, tahini, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and water in a food processor. Pulse until well incorporated. Set aside.
- When ready to assemble, place cauliflower, lentils and Mache in a large bowl and pour half of the dressing over the top. Mix until everything is coated. Add more dressing if necessary. Add goat cheese and chopped cilantro as garnish if using. Serve immediately and devour. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side