I’ve been obsessed with butternuts lately. I most often turn them into a hearty, creamy soup, but the other day, I got the idea of making a spread. I served it with some home made tortilla chips. This is great for entertaining.
By Tamara Novakoviç
- 17.6 oz (500 g) butternut squash
- 8.8 oz (250 g) cream cheese
- powdered chili
- pumpkin oil
- olive oil
- Peel butternut squash and cut into pieces. Sprinkle them with salt, chili and olive oil and arrange onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 356 F. Bake until butternut softens. Using blender, puree the squash. Combine it with cream cheese. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve sprinkled with some pumpkin oil and tortilla chips.
Tamara Novakovic is a passionate self-taught cook, food blogger, freelance food writer and photographer behind bite-my-cake.blogspot.com. Her life journey has led her through Faculty of Humanities in Zagreb, Croatia to discovering passion for making cakes. She is currently a weekly food columnist for Croatian newspaper V magazine and food magazine Repete.