What it is, basically… is chunks of white meat chicken, red and green bell peppers, scallions, celery, crunchy water chestnuts and lemon juice baked up in a creamy sherry infused sauce and topped with crushed potato chips and cheese.
By Michelle Keith
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper,diced
- 4 scallions, sliced – including green and white
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except the chips and ½ cup of the cheese.
- Place in a greased 9×13? casserole dish and top with remaining chips and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400 oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.