What it is, basically… is chunks of white meat chicken, red and green bell peppers, scallions, celery, crunchy water chestnuts and lemon juice baked up in a creamy sherry infused sauce and topped with crushed potato chips and cheese.
By Michelle Keith
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper,diced
- 4 scallions, sliced – including green and white
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except the chips and ½ cup of the cheese.
- Place in a greased 9×13? casserole dish and top with remaining chips and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 400 oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
Michelle Keith is a South Florida native and the author of "The Village Cook". A self taught chef, her experience cooking and baking spans over 30 years. In addition to her food blog, she has also been featured in numerous websites, and writes recipes for her local community newsletter. She also is the editor of "The Domestic Mama", a blog about motherhood and family life. She currently resides in South Florida.