Chorizo bites are coated in a glistening honey and red wine sauce to be one of the most delicious appetizers you will devour this upcoming holiday season.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. chorizo sausages (sliced 1 inch thick)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2/3 cup Red Wine
- 1/3 cup honey
- A pinch of each: smoked paprika and black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and saute, stirring a few times, until the chorizo browns on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red wine, honey, and a pinch of smoked paprika and black pepper to the pan. Bring the pan to a boil and continue to boil until the liquid reduces to a glaze thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3-5 minutes. Don’t reduce it too much as it will thicken as it cools.
- Serve with toothpicks for easy nibbling.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Glazing
- Cuisine: Mexican Inspired
Keywords: chorizo, chorizo recipes, red wine glaze, glazing, honey glaze, sausage recipes, mexican recipes, spanish recipes, finger food, nibbles