A rich, melt-in-your-mouth version of Potatoes au Gratin, where France’s revered Raclette cheese is the star, adding depth and indulgence to a classic dish.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 10 ounces crème fraiche
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 lb yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 8 ounces Raclette (grated)
- Heat oven to 400F degrees
- Butter a large cast iron skillet
- Slice potatoes in thin even rounds (a mandolin works the best).
- Whisk together the crème fraiche and the cream with the grated garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Create layers with the potatoes, overlapping, in the skillet.
- Top each layer with crème fraiche / heavy cream / garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle a little Raclette on top of each layer (save half for topping).
- Repeat until all potatoes are in the skillet.
- Bake at 400 for 40-50 minutes.
- Top with the rest of the grated Raclette, and place under the boiled until the cheese is golden brown and melted (about 1-2 minutes)
- Serve with pickles, on the side of your favorite protein.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: potatoes, yukon gold, gratin, au gratin, raclette, french, comfort food