It’s quinoa time, and therefore you should try this quinoa stew recipe with roasted aubergine.
By Jehanne Ali
Quinoa Stew with Roasted Aubergine, Tomato and Red Pepper
It's quinoa time, therefore you should try this quinoa stew recipe with roasted aubergine.
Author: Jehanne Ali
Recipe Type: Main
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 large aubergine- washed and cubed
- 1 large red pepper- diced
- 1 small carrot- diced
- 2 tomatoes- quartered
- 2 shallots- sliced
- 1 red onion- quartered
- 3 tbsp extra- virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp paprika
- few sprigs parsley leaves- chopped
- 200 ml passata
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to season
- In a rice cooker, cook the quinoa with water.
- Place the aubergine, red pepper, carrot, tomatoes, red onion and garlic on a large roasting tray.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle the kosher salt on the vegetables.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 190C.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, heat the remaining olive oil in a casserole or heavy bottomed pan.
- Fry the shallots until fragrant.
- Mince the roasted garlic and add into the pan together with cumin seeds, paprika and tomato puree.
- Throw in the roasted vegetables, passata, italian seasoning, lemon juice and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer on low heat for around 10 minutes
- Once the gravy is thickened, add in the cooked quinoa and mix well.
- Serve warm, with salads by the side.