Quinoa, this ancient seed is rich in protein, fiber, Riboflavin (b 2), iron, magnesium, and it is gluten free.
By Sawsan Abu Farha
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped and packed
- Rinse the quinoa well.
- Cook it according to package instructions: add 2 cups water to 1 cup washed quinoa, bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 18-20 minutes
- In a large bowl, add beans, corn,tomatoes, cilantro,olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Stir together, then fold in quinoa.
Passionate food explorer Sawsan Abu Farha lives in Jordan and enjoys mixing east and west in her kitchen aiming to get the best of both worlds.Juggling work, motherhood, blogging and a passion for food and food photography, she shares her journey in her blog "Chef in disguise".