Pumpkin cheesecake crumble bars. The name says it all! These bars are full of the best flavors and topped with a crumbly oat topping! The sweet sour cream layer adds a tang that goes well with the pumpkin cheesecake. You will love these!
These bars are made in a blender (the crust and filling) so clean up is easy! Love that! If you don’t have a blender that can handle making crust / batter you can use a food processor as well. I love the combo of pumpkin and cream cheese, they go so well together. Add in a crumbly streusel topping?! I can’t resist! When you have two different kinds of creams going on (cream cheese and sour cream) you know they are gonna be good! Plus, pumpkin is a vegetable so basically you can have this for dinner ;).
I actually made these pumpkin cheesecake bars last year for a family Halloween party we hosted at our house. I wanted to have an “adult dessert” since the kids were going to play donut on a string I figured that would be good enough for them. I haven’t met many kids that don’t like donuts. And I haven’t met many adults that don’t like some form of cheesecake! These were so good and the perfect dessert to end a fun night with family!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) chilled butter, diced
- 1 cup pecan halves (about 4 ounces)
- ¾ cup old-fashioned or quick rolled oats
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese (light or regular), room temperature
- 1½ cups canned pure pumpkin (a little less than a full 15-ounce can)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract