PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
Treat Mom this Mother’s Day with breakfast in bed. Serve her these savory and sweet glazed prosciutto, Swiss and apricot pinwheels.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner I can’t think of a better recipe to serve. This recipe is so simple to make (Dad’s are you listening?)! Anyone can pull this recipe off and impress Mom! The salty prosciutto and Swiss cheese are wrapped tightly in layers of puff pastry. That are baked off to golden perfection and then topped with a sweet apricot preserve that has been simmered with thyme. It is some serious goodness!
Serve with some sweet berries and a few flowers to show Mom just how important she is! She will be beyond impressed.
I’m sure you know the iconic Bonne Maman brand. If you have not tried their preserves you are truly missing out. Their premium preserves are made from wholesome ingredients that are Non-GMO verified, have no high fructose corn syrup and no preservative or artificial coloring. Bonne Maman preserves are truly a house-hold favorite in my family.
Check out Bonne Maman sweepstakes! They are currently giving away a huge variety of prizes – from 12 piece Le Crueset Cookware Set to jars of Bonne Maman preserves. It’s a huge give away and you should sign up! These prizes would make the perfect Mother’s Day gift or gift for yourself!
For another recipe idea, check out these strawberry muffins.
Click here for the written recipe.
Prosciutto, Swiss and Apricot PinwheelsJenna
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 slices Swiss cheese
- 5 thin slices prosciutto
- 1/3 cup Bonne Maman Apricot Preserve
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 egg wash (1egg+1T water whisked)
- Preheat oven 350*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll puff pastry out so it is a little bit thinner.
- Add Swiss cheese. Top with prosciutto slices.
- Roll puff pastry tightly jelly roll style.
- Brush egg wash lightly onto end of puff pastry to seal the roll.
- Cut roll into 1 inch slices - discarding the two ends.
- Place cut side down on to parchment paper and brush lightly with egg wash.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, in a small pot bring Bonne Mamman Apricot Preserves and thyme to a simmer.
- Stir until reduced and a thin glaze forms. Remove from heat and discard thyme stems.
- Once pinwheels are baked brush apricot glaze on each pinwheel.
- Garnish with extra thyme, if desired. Serve.
Jenna Edmiston is the blogger behind www.petitfoodie.com. Here you can find recipes that are healthy, seasonal and delicious. Her food philosophy is all about balance. Living a healthy well-balanced life is everything. You can find out more about Jenna at www.petitfoodie.com and instagram @petitfoodie.