Tangy, spicy and full of flavors, this prawn satay recipe will leave you smiling.
By Jehanne Ali
- 3 large mandarins- sliced
- 2 tbsp chilli pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 500g jumbo prawns
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place the mandarin slices on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes at 170C, under watchful supervision that they are not burnt or charred.
- Once roasted, leave the oven door open and let the mandarins dry out overnight or few hours.
- Mix the dried mandarin with chilli and grind to fine powder.
- Mix in the kosher salt and store in a jar for up to a month.
- Combine a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil with 4 tbsp of mandarin chilli salt.
- Marinate the prawns for at least 1 hour.
- Prick the skewer through the prawns and grill on both sides until prawns are well done.
Jehanne is an enthusiastic baker, food blogger, mother and wife all in one. She swaps her scalpel from her day job as a doctor to kitchen utensils in the evening and creates magical treatment of healthy treats for her family, which she shares in her blog, The Cooking Doctor. She is a firm advocate of healthy eating and always believes that honest and healthy food will steer you clear from the doctors.