This simple 15 Minute Poached Barramundi recipe is a tasty and nutritious idea for a weeknight meal.
By Martyna Candrick
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Stock Merchant’s Sustainable Crab Stock OR gluten-free vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 broccolini stems
- 8 snow peas, trimmed
- a handful of green beans, trimmed
- 2 (150g / 5oz) Barramundi fillets, skin off – try to find a thicker cut, not tail cut
- a few coriander leaves
- (optional: chilli flakes)
- Place all Masterstock ingredients in a saucepan large enough to hold your fish fillets inside and steamer basket on top of it later. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- In the meantime, prepare your Greens for steaming:
- Slice beans and snow peas in half then again in half lengthways. Trim broccolini stems by about ½ an inch. Cut in half across.
- Once the stock has come up to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer and gently place barramundi fillets in the stock.
- Place greens in a steamer basket and place on top of the pan. Cover with a lid and allow both to cook for about 8 minutes.
- Divide steamed greens between serving bowls. Gently lift the fish out of the stock and place on top of the greens – the fish will be very tender, you might need a long spatula to do this.
- Pour stock over the dish and dress with some coriander leaves. (Spirnkle with chilli, if using). Serve warm.
Martyna is a Polish-born Australian recipe developer and food blogger. Her creativity and passion for good food shines through in many of the delicious and easy to prepare meals which she cooks, styles and photographs for her blog, Wholesome Cook. Fresh cream-filled eclairs are her only weakness.