This simple 15 Minute Poached Barramundi recipe is a tasty and nutritious idea for a weeknight meal.
By Martyna Candrick
Poached Barramundi Fish with Greens
A wonderful poached barramundi fish with greens recipe
Author: Martyna Candrick
Recipe Type: Main
For the Masterstock:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Stock Merchant’s Sustainable Crab Stock OR gluten-free vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
For the Steamed Greens:
- 4 broccolini stems
- 8 snow peas, trimmed
- a handful of green beans, trimmed
For the Poached Fish:
- 2 (150g / 5oz) Barramundi fillets, skin off – try to find a thicker cut, not tail cut
- a few coriander leaves
- (optional: chilli flakes)
To make the Masterstock:
- Place all Masterstock ingredients in a saucepan large enough to hold your fish fillets inside and steamer basket on top of it later. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- In the meantime, prepare your Greens for steaming:
- Slice beans and snow peas in half then again in half lengthways. Trim broccolini stems by about ½ an inch. Cut in half across.
To Poach the Fish and Steam your Greens:
- Once the stock has come up to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer and gently place barramundi fillets in the stock.
- Place greens in a steamer basket and place on top of the pan. Cover with a lid and allow both to cook for about 8 minutes.
- Divide steamed greens between serving bowls. Gently lift the fish out of the stock and place on top of the greens – the fish will be very tender, you might need a long spatula to do this.
- Pour stock over the dish and dress with some coriander leaves. (Spirnkle with chilli, if using). Serve warm.