A treat for the eyes and tongue, whip up these coconut pavlovas filled with pineapple curd, whipped cream and fresh fruit.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup one stick, unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into small cubes
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Garnish: fresh pineapple chunks (fresh raspberries, fresh kiwi cut into cubes or hearts)
Make the pineapple Curd:
- Click the link above
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites for 1 minute until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar and continue to beat for 8-10 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla with spatula until well blended.
- Add cornstarch and coconut with spatula and continue to mix until well combined.
- Pipe onto prepared sheet into approximately 4 inch circles using a Wilton 1M tip. You can also just spoon into 4 inch circles. Make a small well with a spoon into the center or each circle. Bake at 225 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn oven off and leave meringues in oven without opening the door for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks.
- Whip the cream with a hand mixer. When it starts to thicken, add sugar and vanilla. Continue to beat until firm being careful not to over-beat.
- Top each pavlova evenly with some pineapple curd, a dollop of fresh whipped cream and then garnish with fresh fruit.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert